Contact: Hugh Strawn
Date: January 16, 2015
Call for Presenters
2015 Regional Adjusters Conferences
Presenters and their outlines for sessions to be offered at the 2015 Regional Adjusters Conferences are being sought by the PLRB. The deadline for submitting a proposal is January 30, 2015.
The PLRB is seeking volunteers to share their expertise for one of the 21 sessions that will be offered at the 2015 Regional Adjusters Conferences beginning June 16 and 17 in Frisco, Texas. The primary objective is to present the highest quality educational experience possible for the conference attendees. The sessions selected for 2015 are:
• Agricultural and Farm Equipment Losses and Adjustments
• Appraisal Strategies with Property Claims
▪ Business Income and Extra Expense Losses with Mercantile Insureds
• Controlling Large Commercial Contents Claims
• Cosmetic vs. Functional Damage Issues
• Property Fraud Claims: Latest Trends and Strategies
• Recent Developments in Property Case Law
• Technology Changes with First Party Claim Handling
• Working with Difficult Insureds and Public Adjusters
• Claim Training: Developing Excellence in Your Staff
• Claims Ethics and Good Faith Adjustments
• Rescission and Other Defenses to Misrepresentation
• Additional Insured Liability and Contractual Indemnity Coverage
• Bad Faith in Third-Party Claims
• Construction Defect Coverage: Emerging Issues
• Duty to Defend: Recent Developments
• Effective Litigation Management
• Emerging Right of Privacy Claims
• Handling High Exposure Casualty Claims
• Reservation of Rights Letters for Casualty Claims: Effective Letters and Strategies
Prospective presenters must provide a one to two page description of how they would deliver the session. The "ideal" presentation team consists of a subject expert, such as a claim service provider, and a company claim service professional or independent adjuster.
Presenters are encouraged to be available for presentations at the three Regional Adjusters Conferences. The 2015 conferences will be:
Western Regional Adjusters Conference - June 16 & 17
Central Regional Adjusters Conference - September 9 & 10
Eastern Regional Adjusters Conference - November 10 & 11
A sample proposal and Web locations for signing up to present at the 2015 Regional Adjusters Conferences is available here. For additional information on submitting a proposal contact Alisha Watley at email@example.com.
The Property & Liability Resource Bureau is a not-for-profit association of property and casualty insurance companies. It is located in Downers Grove, Illinois.